Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Porom Beret

Ooh, I jumped on the beret train. They are everywhere. I finished in December, before we moved and wore it around a few times before it got packed away. I have only just rediscovered it during the unpack. It's Brooklyn Tweed's Porom Beret. A very nice pattern indeed, and the photos, as usual, are beautiful.

I knit it with Knitpicks DK Swish in Nutmeg, which is also a heathered colour, and might I just say I am really liking it. So far, I've knit the Ducky Cardigan and another baby sweater, and this is my third project using it. I haven't tried throwing it in the washing machine yet, so I don't have a review on its performance in the wash. Nonetheless, I am planning to buy more of this in the future - inexpensive, soft, and pretty colours.

It's snowing over here, and I'm hiding out at home today, doing some more knitting. I'm gradually starting to feel the quilting motivation returning, but so far it hasn't been enough to reign me in to actually start anything. I've been thinking about quilts a lot though, does that count? Thanks to my mommy for the early b-day gift which was spent on books at Amazon.com - I just got Last Minute Patchwork & Quilts, Confetti Cakes, the Bouchon cookbook, and Breadhitz (recommended by Devon), so I've got lots to keep me going for a while. As I type, I am waiting for English muffins to rise. I had no idea they could be cooked/baked in a cast iron pan! Those are for breakfast tomorrow. Hope they turn out. I went to a wedding show today, for work, so I have a few pictures of that to post soon. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very stylishe