Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pleated Smock Dress

Three for three this week! More sewing this time.

This little dress was made from Simplicity pattern 3808, which claims to be a top but I think it could be a dress. The fabric is just quilting cotton from the stash I've managed to accumulate over the past year, and I think it's just a little bit girly and not dripping with pink sugariness. It's got tucks in the front, pockets, and a scalloped hem...in fact, I'd like to wear this myself, if it were in a bigger size.

Who's it for? Not me...but I do know several little girls whose mommies might dress them in this.

I woke up this morning feeling completely wired, thinking it must be time to get up and that I'm just feeling refreshed from a good night's sleep. Noo, it's still the middle of the night. I've been up, doing dishes, tidying up, looking at knitting magazines, cutting quilt pieces and blogging. It's about 6am now. Ech. I blame the cup of coffee I had at knit night.

Hmm, I wonder if I'll be able to manage four for four this week...

1 comment:

Devonshire said...

It is simply beautiful!!! Some little girl is going to look gorgeous in that.