Sunday, February 15, 2009

Turn-A-Square Hat

It's never too late for more winter hats!

While I was back in Toronto last month, I churned out two of these Turn-A-Square hats and busted through some of my worsted weight leftovers. How I love using up leftovers! There is something just so satisfying about it.

It's an easy and free pattern, so go and download it for your pattern library - you'll be glad to have it when you're thinking about Christmas presents later this year. Each hat took only a few hours to make, and I gifted one to my SIL. You also get to practice jogless stripes, which I now realize I did completely wrong for my striped vest. Just shows you how you're never as clever as you think you are...

My knitting is a bit all over the place right now....I finished the orange sweater and blocked the sleeves, but haven't photographed it again. Another pair of fair-isle mitts are in the works, but after about 4-inches of progress I realized I forgot to leave a thumb hole - GAH. I'm not ripping out sticky wool, forget it. It will probably become a cell phone cozy or something. With that failure, I cast on for a pair of ankle socks to use up some leftover DK weight wool with a simple cable lace pattern, which will hopefully knit up quick enough to maintain my interest.

I've been baking and making bread too, which I plan to post soon - I've been a bad blogger lately, so I've got to pick up the speed and try to redeem myself a little.

Hope you all had a great Valentine's weekend and did something fun with your sweetie. D & I gorged on cheese and chocolate fondue, an appropriately 80s date-like dinner for two.

No comments: