Saturday, June 13, 2009

Honeycomb Socks

If I were out in the wild hunting some deer or game, then these socks would totally complete the outfit.

Unfortunately, I have no intention of taking up hunting.


Needles: US2 dpns
Pattern: honeycomb stitch
Yarn: Sorry, I threw out the label! 50/50 acrylic wool


What do you think? You can't really tell that the colours are much more mottled than the picture shows, but they're a blend of gray-brown-cream. When I bought this yarn, I was hoping it would give me more of a subtle striping effect, but instead it gave me this hunter's camouflage effect. I can't say I love them, but they're fine....at least the yarn is really soft.

Hmm, come to think of it, they match Gatsby's fur surprisingly well. Maybe I can get them on his little paws.

No comments: