Friday, September 28, 2007

Khaki Jacket

My first knitting-related post! At some point I'm planning to get around to putting up a finished projects gallery, but taking relatively good pictures takes time (and practice as I'm learning). I tried taking some sock photos but it was way too hot today and I gave up after a while.

Right now I'm working on this cute sweater jacket (or so I hope, once it's completed). I'm not a big fan of sweaters knit in pieces because of all the seaming required, but I've screwed up many projects trying to take shortcuts that this time I'm actually following the pattern to avoid later headache (adjusting the pattern to knit in the round or fewer pieces isn't that difficult, but given my impatience it's probably not a good idea).

The pattern is Drops Design No. 103-1 by Garnstudio and I'm knitting it with some Misti Pima Cotton & Silk in khaki-olive that I bought in Columbus when I visited last year. The yarn is super soft and feels great against the skin.

The back piece is done and I'm working on the left front panel. The pattern offered instructions in two gauges, and I'm doing the smaller gauge version. Hopefully it looks as good as the grey model version. More knitting updates to come!

No comments: