Friday, December 7, 2007

Last Minute Quilted Coasters


Quilted coasters from Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts, one of the many beautiful and simple projects from this book. They are relatively easy to make, even if you've never quilted before. I ended up using just a standard presser foot on my machine because the walking foot was the wrong size (ordering it in would have taken 3 weeks - how can I wait that long?) and I think they turned out just fine.


The nice thing about this project is that as long as you are using coordinated prints, you can just cut and sew as you please and then later match the coasters together any way you want. I think I'm going to go test drive the coasters now... curl up with a cup of tea and munch on some shortbread cookies.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Ooh they look fantastic. I will have to take another look through the book and find the pattern. They would make great Christmas gifts.

Anonymous said...

It is great to see a good result without using a walking foot! I want to try the pattern, but thought that they would be expensive coasters if I bought the foot just to make them. Nice work!