Monday, December 3, 2007

Odds & Ends

I'm starting the week by wrapping up a few things - a package for my friend J's baby on the way, inside is the cardigan and teeny socks...


Every once in a while I get the urge to pull out an entirely different hobby, so I started this necklace. When my fingers and eyes got tired, I switched back to knitting and sewing.


New stash! This is my first order from Knitpicks online (minus the grey in the top left) and I am pretty happy with the yarns I received. I purchased the color cards a while back and have just gotten around to ordering some this past week. The yellowy merino DK weight is soft and squishy and will probably be turned into some chunky socks. The Shadow laceweight is going to become a shawl of some sort, and the cream, black and grey Palette are going to become mitton projects. I'm planning on trying some fair-isle and lace knitting - it's just a question of how to priortize all these ongoing projects.

Not much news to share...I am still waiting for the sun to come out soon so I can take some better pictures already!

No comments: