Sunday, December 16, 2007

Rusted Root

I spotted this pattern on Craftster a year or two ago, and pretty soon after I was seeing this on nearly ever knitting blog in blogland. It was everywhere, in every colour imaginable. And they all looked good! Which was a great sign that it was a good, flattering pattern.

So I finally jumped on the band wagon - I finished sometime in January, I think. Here is my finished Rusted Root by Zephyr Style:


Pattern: Rusted Root by Zephyr Style
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, 3 skeins Provincial Rose
Needles: US6 circulars, US4 dpns

I loved knitting this, and wore it a lot over the summer (unlike a lot of my other projects) and probably one of the knits I have received the most compliments on as well. This was such a well written pattern, knit in one piece from the top down, which means no seaming up whatsoever. And the lace panel kept it interesting amidst rounds and rounds of stockinette stitch. It's held up well, too - the cotton fleece is comfy to wear, and washes well.

A quick Sunday post (still tired from last night's get together, and spending this morning cleaning up crumbs and spills) for today before I go to the library (one of my new favourite places) and do a little more holiday crafting/shopping. Are you done your crafting yet? The days are counting down! Have a great weekend, and happy crafting.

P.S. Thanks everyone for clicking on my site - it's my first blog experience and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It is lovely to see all the comments, and exciting to see that more and more people are beginning to visit!

No comments: