Monday, April 30, 2012

Whole Wheat Sour Cream CC Banana Muffins



I hope it's not too disappointing to see some plain looking muffins around here! After spending all day piping decorations on cakes, I'm usually not in the mood to make something fancy at home. In fact, I'll usually try to choose a one-bowl type thing that's mixed by hand because I can't face doing the dishes and cleaning the mixer when I'm done.

These banana muffins are my favourite right now. JJ is a fan of them too. It's a recipe from Cooking Light, but I'll post the adapted quantities of ingredients right here. As far as baked goods go, I think these are a little healthier without tasting like a mouthful of dry fibre. I might start making these into carrot and zucchini muffins too!

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup veg oil
2 egg whites
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup light sour cream
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Chocolate chips
 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with papers or grease and flour tin.

Whisk together wet ingredients in a bowl. Combine dry ingredients and mix into wet ingredient bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake 15-20 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

These freeze really well too...

JJ got a sandbox for her birthday...it arrived today. We still need sand, but she's having a pretty good time in it already!

 

No comments: