Friday, April 27, 2012

Winter Kitty Hat

A little late, but here's a finished project: JJ's two-year winter hat. She wore this all winter long and it keep her head toasty and cute, and she received so many compliments on it. Funny how the plainest looking things get noticed. Anyhow, given how often we lose things around here (socks...mittens...toys) it's amazing we held onto it all season!

Pattern: Kittyville Hat (free! And also found in Stitch 'n Bitch)

Yarn: Tahki Yarns Lana, 1 skein (92 yards) in cream

Needles: US8 dpns

For her 21-month old head size, I cast on 77 stitches and knit a narrower seed stitch for the head band. I knitted 3.5" of stockinette before beginning decreases every 11 stitches. To make smaller ear flaps, I just decreased the total number of cast on stitches by 2-3.

I used almost the entire skein exactly - only 6 inches leftover! I love when that happens.

So glad the weekend is here. Have a good one!




 

No comments: